August 31, 2018
When you interact with AHEA’s site, we collect information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (personal data). Some information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (non-personal data).
Information You Provide
When you sign up for use of AHEA’s services, you voluntarily give us certain personal data including your
- Email address
- Contact information
- Language preference
- Country of residence
Information AHEA Collects
We collect user content as you use the site. User content consists of all texts, documents, or other content or documentation uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the site.
Automatically Collected Information
AHEA automatically logs information about you and your device. We automatically log your
- IP address
- Operating system type
- Browser type
- Pages viewed
- Links clicked
- Access times
AHEA does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without their consent, the parent or guardian should contact AHEA. We will delete such information as soon as reasonably possible. If we determine we have collected personal information from a child younger than 13 years of age, AHEA will take reasonable measures to remove that child’s information from our systems. We strongly encourage parents and guardians to monitor their children’s internet usage and to advise their children to never provide personal information through this site or other websites without their permission.
AHEA’s Use of My Information
AHEA uses, processes, and stores your information in the following ways:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our services.
- To create your account, identify you as a user, and customize the site for your use.
- To send you promotional communications (if you opt-in when you create your account). You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link provided in the promotional email.
- To send you administrative communications which may include administrative emails, confirmations, technical notices, updates, and security alerts. You may not opt-out of administrative communications.
- To provide you with user support and to respond to your comments and questions.
- To protect, investigate, and discourage fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
AHEA may share your personal information as follows:
- Third parties designated by you. We may share your personal information with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our third-party service providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers who provide us services including hosting, delivering, and improving our services. We also use third-party service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and data analysis. These third-party service providers may only use your personal data following AHEA’s instructions and to perform their duties for us.
- Restructuring. We may share your personal information in connection with a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, reorganization, sale of some or all of our assets, or steps in consideration of such activities.
- Other disclosures. AHEA determines that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your personal data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of AHEA and users of our site, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement requests. AHEA believes it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Services, to enforce, the Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or act regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our site.
AHEA does not
- Share your personal data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
- Sell or rent your personal data.
Data Storage, Transfer, Retention, and Deletion
Information submitted to AHEA is transferred, processed, and stored in the United States. If you post or transfer and information to or through to our site, you are agreeing to such information, including personal data, being hosted and accessed in the United States.
AHEA is committed to protecting your information and takes thorough precautions to protect it. However, internet data transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secured. Therefore, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us including personal data. Given this information, you acknowledge that you transmit information at your own risk.
AHEA uses industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This encryption is commonly referred to as secure socket layer (SSL) or transport layer security (TLS) technology.
Once AHEA receives your data, we protect it on our servers with a combination of logical, physical, and technical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally in any of our software installed on your computing device requires you to be responsible for ensuring the security features on the device are enabled. AHEA strongly recommends you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices you use in connection with our site.
If AHEA learns of a security breach, we may attempt to notify and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address you provided us or by posting a notice on the site. Depending on where you live, you may have the legal right to receive such notices in writing.
Delete Personal Data
You may remove your personal information from AHEA by logging into to your account, accessing the Settings page, and deleting your account.
AHEA retains your personal data for up to thirty days or for as long as reasonably necessary for legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention.
If AHEA closes your account due to your violation of the Terms of Service, you may contact AHEA to request the deletion of your data. AHEA will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
European Economic Area
Individuals located in the European Economic Area (EEA) have specific rights in respect to their personal information, including the right to access, correct, or delete personal data we process through your use of our site. If you are a user based in the EEA, you may
- Request a personal data report by submitting a request. This report includes the personal data AHEA has about you, provided in a structured, commonly used, and portable format. You must be signed into your AHEA account. AHEA may require additional information from you to verify your identity before any information is disclosed.
- Have your personal information corrected or deleted. Personal data can be updated through your AHEA account settings. Personal data can be removed from AHEA by deleting your account.
- Object to us processing your personal data. You can ask us to stop using your personal data, including when we use your personal data to send you promotional emails. We only send promotional emails with your prior consent, and you may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link found within the AHEA emails and changing your contact preferences. Note that you will continue to receive administrative emails even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
- Complain to a regulator. If you believe that we have not complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Please contact us if you have other questions or do not have an AHEA account.
You may contact AHEA with any questions relating to this
American Higher Education Alliance
101 N Federal Highway, Suite 600
Boca Raton, FL 33432